Daventry Town Council is required, in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations, to complete an Annual Return setting out Accounting Statements and an Annual Governance Statement for each financial year. These statements and their supporting documentation are audited by the Council's Internal Auditor and an External Auditor.
Annual Return 2015-16
The Audit for the year ended 31st March 2016 for Daventry Town Parish Council was concluded on 19th September 2016.
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2015-16 (PDF, 52 Kb)
Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2015-16
The Notice of Conclusion of Audit for 2015/2016 is displayed together with sections 1-3 of the Annual Return.
Section 1: Annual Governance Statement 2015/2016
Section 2: Accounting Statements 2015/2016
Section 3: External Auditor Certificate and Report
- Section 1-3 Annual Return 2015-16 (PDF, 266 Kb)
Section 1-3 Annual Return 2015-16
Financial Risk Assessments
Risk is the threat that an event or action will adversely affect an organisations ability to achieve its objectives and to successfully execute its strategies. Risk management is the process by which risks are identified, evaluated and controlled. It is a key element of the framework of governance together with community focus, structures and processes, standards of conduct and service delivery arrangements.
This document has been produced to enable the Town Council to assess the risks that it faces and satisfy itself that it has taken adequate steps to minimise them. The Council is aware although some risks can never be eliminated fully, it has in place a strategy that provides a structured, systematic and focused approach to managing risk which:
- Identifies the key risks facing the Council
- Identifies what the risk may be
- Identifies the level of risk
- Evaluates the management and control of the risk and records findings
- Reviews, assesses and revises procedures if required.
- Financial Risk Assessment 2016 (Excel Spreadsheet, 18 Kb)
Financial Risk Assessment approved 25th January 2016.
Members Allowances and Expenses
Daventry Town Council has voted against awarding allowances to its members, but members are reimbursed expenditure incurred whilst on Council business.
The Mayor receives an annual allowance of £3000 to facilitate Mayoral/Civic duties.
Daventry Town Council work in partnership with key local organisations to support some key community services:
- Police - CCTV for crime prevention and community safety
- DACT - Daventry Town Dial-A-Ride
- Phoenix Centre - Youth Services
- Daventry District Council - Community Allotments
- Daventry Community Association - Community Building/Hall
Daventry Town Council also awards grants of up to £1000 to voluntary organisations established for the benefit of the Daventry community.
If you are a local voluntary organisation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the town council offices and pick up an application form.