Bark in the Park
Daventry Mayor's Fun Charity Dog Show in aid of Marie Curie.
The Mayor's 'Bark in the Park' Fun Charity Dog Show in aid of Marie Curie is coming to Daventry.
This will be a Fun Dog Show with 12 classes including Best in Show, a Recall Scurry, Have-a-go Agility course, Demonstrations, Stalls, Crafts, Games, Tombola, Raffle, Competitions, Food, Refreshments and more!*
- 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡: Sunday 23rd April 2023
- 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘: 12 – 4pm
- 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘: The Hollow, Daventry, NN11 9YB
- 𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗬: FREE to come along to - Family & Dog Friendly! Please note that there are some free activities but others are chargeable, please check with the vendor before you join the queue.
You don't need to own a dog to enjoy this fun filled day however if you do have a dog simply bring your pooch along and enter them into as many classes or activities as you like.
- All dogs MUST be kept on a lead.
- Ensure you bring along your poo bags to clear up after your dog on the day, this will help keep our lovely open spaces clean and tidy.
Visit and share our Facebook Event here!
*activities subject to change without prior notice
Fun Dog Show
Come along and enter your pooch into one of 11 classes - you can enter as many as you like! There will be Rosettes awarded to First to Fifth place in each class. All breeds of dog are very welcome to enter all classes - crossbreeds and pedigree. Winners of all classes will then go forward to compete in the BEST IN SHOW at the end of the day.
- Cutest Puppy (6 – 12 months)
- Most Awesome Eyes
- Gorgeous Golden Oldie (8 years & over)
- Best Junior Handler (handler 14 years & under)
- Fabulous Fella
- Loveliest Lady
- Best Rescue
- Waggiest Tail
- Daventry's Scruffiest Mutt
- Best Dressed Dog
- Dog the Mayor Would Most Like To Take Home
- First Place Winners from all 11 classes will then be entered into the Best in Show at the very end.
Cost: £2 per class - Cash only (payable on the day)
Registration: from 12pm - go to the registration tent on the day.
Show Times: starts at 1pm until 4pm
DOG ENTRY FORM: You can download a copy of the DOG ENTRY FORM here to fill in and bring with you on the day to the Registration Tent. You need to complete ONE entry from PER dog and pay £2 per class on arrival. NOTE: completing this form this does not guarantee entry into your chosen classes on the day. Class numbers are limited and entry will be administered on a first come first serve basis. Completing the form in advance will help to alleviate queues and reduce the time it takes to complete registration on the day.
Fun Dog Show Winner 2023
Have-A-Go-Agility & Demo
The Have-A-Go Agility is great fun for you and your dog. It's made up of various obstacles for your dog (not you!) to run through, jump over, and weave in and out of. Anyone can enter their dog as long as they are 12 months and over.
- Cost: £2 per go - Cash only (payable on the day on the gate of the arena)
- Registration: from 12.15pm until 4pm
AGILITY DEMO: There will also be an amazing demonstration at 2.30pm on the day by DogWhys. It is free to watch so go along to the Agility ring at 2.30pm.
Test your Dog to see if they have the fastest recall in Daventry - there will be prizes for Fastest Tall Dog & Short Dog Winners!
Cost: £2 per go - Cash only (payable on the day on the gate of the arena)
Registration: from 12.15pm until 4pm
- SHORT DOGS = under 35cm
- TALL DOGS = over 35cm
Stalls, Raffle, Tombola & More
- Stalls: There will be a wide variety of doggy related stalls on the day selling leads, collars, toys, food, treats, gifts and more. Plus local stallholders, Arts & Crafts, hot sweet and savoury food, ice cream van, cake stall and licenced bar.
- Tombola & Raffle: A Raffle and tombola will be held on the day with some amazing prizes kindly donated by many local businesses. Plus competitions for all to enter such as 'Guess the number of doggy bones in the jar'. Tickets are to be sold on the day (cash only).
- Family Fun: There will be lots of fun activities and games available to keep the family entertained on the day, including bouncy castles and a face painter – please note that there are some free activities but others are chargeable, please check with the vendor before you join the queue.
Photos from previous shows
Please note: The organisers of 'Bark in the Park' are not liable for any personal injury to you or your dog that may occur as a result of taking part in any of the activities at this event. By entering you agree to take part at your own risk.
>> STALL HOLDERS: We do not use third parties to book our stalls. Stalls are only booked via invitation by our Customer Services Officer. We also do not take payment via PayPal for your reference.