Bike Marking Sessions
What: Bike Marking is an individual stamp that is placed on your personal bike to help identify who it belongs to, so that it can be easily identified if found after being lost or stolen.
Why: Registering on BikeRegister means you could be reunited with your bike in the event of it being stolen. It does not, however, help make it a hard target to thieves.
To reduce the chances of becoming a victim of cycle theft, you can have your bike marked free of charge at one of our events.
Registering and marking your bike achieves two major objectives:
- By marking the frame of your bike with a Police Preferred product it will make your bike less attractive as a theft target.
- It assists the Police in quickly tracing the ownership of recovered bikes through the Bikeregister permanent ID mark.
Your details are held on a secure online database which all UK Police Forces have access to.
Registering your bike is free and provides you with the following benefits:
- Lifetime registration on the BikeRegister database
- A registration Logbook, to be used as proof of ownership
- Secure online access to manage your account
Bike Marking Sessions will be held at events throughout the year the first being at the Daventry Motorcycle Festival 2022.
- 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻: Saturday 11th June 2022
- 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲: 10am-4pm
- 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲: Daventry Town Centre at the Motorcycle Festival.
- 𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆: Free! Bring your bike along to get it marked.
This scheme has been funded by Daventry Town Council and will be rolled out by the Daventry Neighbourhood Policing Team.