The Community Ranger role was implemented in April 2018 to work with DTC's CCTV Control Room and the local PCSOs and Police to ensure continued safety and wellbeing of Daventry and the community.
The Role of your Community Ranger is to:
- Act as an ambassador of Daventry and to be the eyes and ears of the area.
- Work as part of a team within the Town Council and local community.
- Forge community links and establish relationships to improve the area and quality of life.
- Act as a signpost to provide advice and information to other agencies and council services and monitor progress of referrals.
- To be alert to and where possible, deter anti-social behaviour in the area, reporting cases where necessary to the correct crime prevention agencies
- Involve the community and develop it's capacity to take action and promote responsibility for improving neighbourhoods.
- Provide a visible and reassuring presence to the community and businesses within Daventry.
- Liaise and communicate with local businesses in order to provide support when needed.
- Identify, report and prevent environmental, safety and security issues.
"The Community Ranger role has made a positive impact within the Town and by working in partnership with DTC's CCTV Control Room and the local PCSOs and Police they are able to deal with local issues and improve safety" Deborah Jewell, Chief Officer Daventry Town Council
Who is your Community Ranger?
Charlotte Jones was appointed on 1st June 2020 and provides a friendly and approachable service to promote respect for people, property and the environment. Charlotte can be seen throughout the Town, not just the Town Centre, working in partnership with other enforcement services, as well as working alongside our sponsored DTC Sponsored PCSO to help address community safety problems as well as at our Community Litter Picks held throughout the year.
When asked why Charlotte took on the role of Community Ranger, she responded:
"it is the perfect opportunity to do what I love, helping people. I am a good listener and I want to feel like I can make a difference to the Town we live in".
What does the community think of our Ranger?
Here are some amazing quotes from the Daventry community about our Ranger Charlotte:
How do I contact the Community Ranger?
Members of the public can email the Community Ranger direct via DTCranger@daventrytowncouncil.gov.uk
Please note: The Community Ranger usually operates from Tuesday to Saturday.
DTC Community Ranger & DTC Radio Scheme
Daventry Town Council's Businesses Together Radio Scheme is a valuable subscription service open to all businesses and retailers within Daventry.
It provides businesses a direct link to the Community Ranger, DTC Sponsored PCSO and the Daventry CCTV Control Room. This can help businesses report crime as it happens and give others advanced warnings of retail theft, as well as highlight prolific anti-social individuals.
You can find more information and how to sign-up to this annual subscription service by visiting our Businesses Together Radio Scheme page.