Notice of Vacancy on Daventry Town Council West Ward
Daventry Town Council has a vacancy in Daventry West ward.
Following the advertisement of a casual vacancy for the statutory notice period, the Returning Officer for West Northants Council has confirmed that as 10 requests from electors have not been received Daventry Town Council can now fill this casual vacancy by co-option.
No previous experience is required but you must be:
- be at least 18 years old on the day of application
- be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union and meet one of the following criteria:
- Be registered as a local government elector for the parish
- Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish for at 12 months prior to your application.
- Have been employed in main or only place of work for 12 months prior to your application.
- Lived in the parish or within three miles of for 12 months prior to your application.
Why become a Daventry Town Councillor?
If you want to serve your community, you are passionate about what happens in your local area and you want to make a difference to help shape the future of our town for the better - then apply to become a Daventry Town Councillor today.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply download and complete a copy of the application form below and return to the Daventry Town Council Office (3 New Street, Daventry, NN11 4BT) or email to Chief Officer at: email@example.com
Application Deadline: All applications will be considered by members of Daventry Town Council at their full council meeting at 18:30 on 27th September 2021.
Ward Map for Parish of Daventry
Further to a Community Governance Review (CGR) pursuant to Part 4, Chapter 3 of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 undertaken by Daventry District Council in 2018, a Structural Change Order approved changes to the boundaries of the Parish of Daventry reducing the number of wards from 7 to 4 and Councillors from 17 to 16 (see map attached).
Elected Daventry Town Councillors
Visit our dedicated Councillors page here for more details and to find out who your Councillors are.
On 6th May 2021, local elections were held for: