Mental Health Matters
The first winter months of the new year can be a tricky time for everyone, the weather is a bit bleak, funds might be low and getting out and about can feel like an effort. Getting some fresh air, walking, talking and being mindful can all help and our Mental Health Awareness campaign, has exactly this in mind.
Over the next few months there will be events, some regular, some new, that are all designed to provide opportunities for getting out, getting involved and being mindful of our own and others mental health and wellbeing.
Daventry Mindful Mile
As part of the Mental Health Matters Campaign we have created our very own Daventry Mindful Mile.
HOW TO TAKE PART:
- Download your Free Trail Sheet here or pick one up from Daventry Museum or anywhere in Town where you see one of our posters.
- Walk the Mindful Mile around the town and New Street Park and look out for our Meaningful Messages on route. Take time to stop, look and listen, take in your surroundings and take a moment to breath.
- Join us for a bit of mindful fun - find the 20 boards displayed around Daventry Town Centre and tick off the symbols or words as you go.
- Lastly when you have finished your mile walk why not do some mindful colouring on the back of you trail sheet. Send a copy to us for us to share. Suitable for all ages.
- Repeat daily or as often as you can.
Helps spread the word and share our event on Facebook.
Learn to Knit & Crochet
As part of Daventry Town Council's Mental Health Matters awareness campaign why not join us at Daventry Museum's open Saturday for a FREE Knitting & Crochet tutorial session.
- 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡: Saturday 5th March 2022
- 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘: 2-4pm
- 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘: Daventry Museum, 3 New Street, Daventry, Northants, NN11 4BT
- 𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗬: FREE to drop in between 2-4pm . Family Friendly. No need to book!
- 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: There are various car parks around the town and parking is FREE!
Knitting and crochet are a great way to practice mindfulness, meet new people and be creative!
Tutors will informally teach newbies starting from scratch and assist those with a little experience. If you're a pro and would like to come along, you might get roped into helping the newbie next to you, but we hope everyone will love sharing this creative pastime.
The organiser of 'Daventry Christmas Tree Yarn Project 2022' will be with us, tutoring and sharing information about this exciting project, and how you can get involved, whatever your level of experience!
Come along for the whole session, or drop in as you wish, the museum will be open for you to visit the new exhibition should those hands need a little rest after all that knitting and crochet!
Bring your own materials, needles and hooks if you have them, but we will have some supplies too.
The town litter picks are a very popular and worthwhile event to join in with. They are a great way to meet fellow Litter Heroes, have a walk, enjoy the fresh air and get that warm fuzzy feeling from doing something wonderful for the community.