The Queen's Jubilee 2022
On 6th February this year Her Majesty The Queen became the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom, the Realms and the Commonwealth. To celebrate this unprecedented anniversary, events and initiatives will take place throughout the year, culminating in a four day UK bank holiday weekend from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th June 2022. The four days of celebrations will include public events and community activities, as well as national moments of reflection on The Queen's 70 years of service.
There are many ways you can get involved in Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022. If you would like to organise your own street party please visit the Platinum Jubilee link for guidance.
Daventry Town Council will be marking the historic occasion with a variety of festivities:
- Queen's Green Canopy - There will be a commemorative tree planting by the Town Mayor in New Street Park as part of the Queen's Green Canopy. Additionally, the town noticeboard in the same area will have a well-deserved lick of paint and refurbishment.
- Twinning Area - The Daventry/Westerburg twinning and flag area on London Road, often the focus for many an official occasion, will also be spruced up with newly coloured shields.
- Daventry Museum - The museum are holding The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Exhibition from Wednesday 25th May to Thursday 25th August. This delightful display will spark nostalgia and curiosity with Jubilee memorabilia, photos and stories. The museum will be open on Saturday 11th June, the Queen's official birthday (rather than 4th June, the first Saturday of the month as would be usual) when there will be lots of fun in store for visitors. Crown Making Workshops, a Jubilee Trail and lots more!
National Highlights of the Queen's Jubilee 2022
Thursday 2nd June
- Trooping of the Colour - Thursday will see the Trooping of the Colour, with 1400 soldiers, 200 horses and 400 musicians coming together to mark the Queen's official birthday. The parade will begin at Buckingham Palace, continuing through The Mall to Horse's Guard Parade, and closing with a traditional RAF fly-pass.
- Lighting the Beacons - The traditional ceremony of lighting the beacons will also feature, with beacons being lit throughout the United Kingdom
Friday 3rd June
- A service of Thanksgiving - This is to be held at St Paul's Cathedral, with more information to be announced at a later date.
Saturday 4th June
- Epsom Derby - Her Majesty, alongside members of the Royal Family, will attend the Derby at Epsom Downs.
- Party at the Palace - The BBC will be broadcasting a live concert from Buckingham Palace, Platinum Party at the Palace, where some of the biggest names in entertainment will be performing live and celebrating the most significant moments from The Queen's 70 years of service. Details on how to apply for tickets will be released at a later date.
Sunday 5th June
- The Big Lunch - this has helped to bring communities together since 2009, and are inviting communities together as part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
- A Jubilee Pageant - this will also be hosted, with 5000 performers from the United Kingdom and Commonwealth combining a variety of performance arts to commemorate both Her Majesty, and the collective celebratory efforts of people worldwide.
For more information on national events visit the Official Platinum Jubilee website.
Street Party Fit for a Queen
Free Party Packs
For ideas on hosting your own event - can be as big as a street party, as small as a garden barbecue or a picnic in one of our amazing open spaces in Daventry - order your FREE 'GET THE PARTY STARTED' Information Pack here. This contains party invitations, posters, recipes, games, crafts, stickers and more.
Picnic in the Park
Alternativity why not organise your own Picnic in the Park at one of the amazing open spaces within Daventry. There are lots to choose for to gather all your friends and family together.
- Eastern Way
- Lang Farm
- New Street Park
- Stefen Hill
Download a copy of our Picnic in our Parks Map
Crafty Crown Making
On the Queen's Birthday Saturday 11th June, and the same day as the Daventry Motorcycle Festival, we will be holding a FREE Crafty Crown Making workshops from the Museum on New Street.
- 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁: Paper crown making and decorating!
- 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻: Saturday 11th June 2022
- 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲: Drop by between 11am and 2pm
- 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲: Daventry Museum, 3 New Street, Daventry (outside, weather permitting)
Suitable for all ages (scissor skills assistance needed for the very young).There is no need to book a spot, just come along on the day.
Knit a tree for the Jubilee
In collaboration with our crafty community and Northampton Museum and Art Gallery, Daventry Town Council and Museum will be creating a knitted blanket, complete with beautiful crochet flowers and tree canopy to commemorate the Queen's Jubilee. Find out more and how you can get involved on our knitting and crochet projects page here.
Free Jubilee Activities
Here are some Jubilee activities to get creative with the whole family. You can make your own bunting and decorations. Send us your pictures when you are decorated your home email@example.com
Print out and make your own:
Queen's Jubilee Trail
To mark Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee, Daventry museum is holding a special, commemorative Jubilee display marking The Queen's 70 year reign.
As part of the exhibition we have a FREE Children's Trail!
Simply pop-in to the Museum during opening hours and collect a FREE Children's Activity Sheet and find all the Jubilee themed pictures hiding in and around the displays.
- When: From Wednesday 25th May until Thursday 25th August 2022
- Opening Times: Open Tuesday to Friday from 9.30am to 1.30pm and the following Saturdays: 11th June, 2nd July, 6th August from 10am to 4pm.
Send us your Jubilee Photos!
We would love to see all your Jubilee photos - your decorations, celebrations, street parties, pets and bakes! Send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org