Daventry Town PCSO
From 1st April 2018, Daventry Town Council approved the sponsorship of a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) for Daventry Town. Mia Ball is our current Town PCSO.
Mia's role is to work predominantly in the town centre under the direction of Daventry and South Northants Neighbourhood Policing Team and Daventry Town Council. Mia also works alongside DTC's CCTV control room, along with DTC's Community Ranger to provide a frontline service focusing on the community; delivering a visible and reassuring presence and resolving issues.
As a sponsored PCSO, this has no effect on the service our community receives from the core policing team - Mia has been brought on board to supplement and enhance the work of Northamptonshire Police, specifically for Daventry Town.
The Role of a PCSO
Police Community Support Officers (PCSO's) provide high visibility patrols within communities and work alongside a team of police officers that form safer neighbourhood teams.
PCSOs work a shift pattern with varying hours each week and undergo annual training on first aid and officer safety as well as attending safer neighbourhood training days. They include
- Provide high visibility reassurance on foot, vehicle and pushbike
- Engagement with the community
- Gather intelligence and information to support policing objectives that often lead to warrants and the detection of crimes
- Deal with long term issues i.e. anti-social behaviour
- Gather evidence to obtain criminal behaviour orders through the courts
- Work with partner agencies
- Offer crime prevention advice and hold bike marking events
- Provide reassurance to victims of crime including domestic violence, child sexual exploitation and anti-social behaviour
- Regular visits to schools
- Attend community events and forums
- Attend incidents reported by members of the public
- Assist officers with the search for missing persons and outstanding offenders using local knowledge
- Attend Road Traffic Collison's to direct traffic
Follow PCSO Mia
You can follow Mia in the community on Twitter: @PCSOMia
Message from Mia
Read the latest messages from PCSO Mia and her Safety Videos on our You Tube channel...